Zucchini is a very versatile veggie and is well liked by both children and adults. It can be found in a multitude of cuisines around the world. It is a solid choice for a vegetable, as it has a mild flavor and an appealing texture. It is rich in foliate, high in vitamin C and A. Zucchini is also a decent source of dietary fiber. Ingredients:
- 1 pound rice fettucine or rice spaghetti
- ½ stick butter or ¼ cup olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound zucchini, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a large skillet and add garlic and zucchini
- Cook over medium heat until tender, about one to two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and pour into an oven-safe serving dish
- Add zucchini sauce, cheese, basil, and olive oil.
- Toss well, and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- Serve warm.